Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Student Blog Entries June 17, 2009

Two of the students attending Garden Camp are learning to shoot video and use Internet tools like blogging. They are the documentary filmmakers and student video journalists (VJ's) for our camp.

One component of Garden Camp is daily journaling. The VJ's will be periodically making blog entries for themselves and for the younger students at camp. Here are blog entries from each.

From Brian:
I learned how to use a tripod and I got to record kids in the garden picking weeds and putting benches in the garden to look at the garden without standing you can relax and see our wonder garden.Don't be afraid of our wonderful garden,and garden club out at pretty lake vacation camp.I have been at garden camp for 2 years and why stop there I could work with garden camp when I get older.S please don't keep me away from garden camp.


From Carmela:
Yesterday I went swimming at Pretty Lake with Mr.Johnson, Ms.Smith, Ms.Pat.and Mr.Gettig . We also went fishing. At least three (3) of the boys caught a fish. Mr. Gettig took a picture of the fisher boys and their fish. We also took a swimming test. There was also a lifeguard . His name is Zack. He'll save you if you drown. Then free swam and change and left to Edison.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Dear Garden Camp Bloggers,

I work in education in Kalamazoo and also in technology, and I love seeing what you're doing here online with your blog, video and other multimedia things. How exciting! I'll enjoy stopping in and reading your entries here and on Twitter.

kristenmalek said...

Dear Brian,
I just learned how to use a tripod this year too! Let me know how it goes, to help you get some good footage. I look forward to seeing more of your videos. Enjoy!

Ms. Malek

kristenmalek said...

Carmela,
I am so jealous that you got to go swimming at Pretty Lake. How was the water? Also, keep fishing, I still love to do it, and soon you'll catch one!

Have fun!

Ms. Malek

nlmcelroy said...

Dear garden camp friends,
Your garden is looking absolutely beautiful! I have watched it transform from several raised beds of dirt to a picturesque landscape. What do you think will happen in the garden over the next few weeks?

Mrs. McElroy