Thursday, June 18, 2009

Student Blog Entries June 18, 2009

From Brian:
Yesterday we picked weeds and I thought I had a allergic reaction to one of the weeds,but i didn't.We did some farm chores and I met Ms.Pat's husband,son, her son's wife,and Ms.Christy who had plants to give us.These are three reasons I like garden camp so far.(1)I am apart of the vj/video journalists,(2)Everybody gets to have a fun time with Mr.Johnson,Mr.Gettig,and Ms.Butter Fingers.(3)Everybody's so nice.
From Carmela:
Q: What do stems do?
A: Stems support plants like making them stand, helping water and nutrients get inside the plant which help it grow. We also did an experiment with celery. We put the stems in regular water and blue colored water and today the stem and plant were greenish blue. I was really surprised by the results I think it will also surprise you too! :) !

No comments: